Monday, October 19, 2009

Fellow Feminist Street Artists

The lovely people over at Feminism Is For Lovers are a collective of feminist street artists who create, distribute, post, and blog about stickers which they have created:

(they aren't reversed, it's just that they must've taken it with their macbook camera)

I gather that their headquarters (where they make their stickers) is located in Brooklyn, NY. They mail out stickers on request (up to 5 for free) to pretty much anywhere in the world. However, they request that you submit photos of where you have stuck your sticker and your location as they're trying to create a movement... and a fantastic one at that. You can check out their blog where you can trace where these stickers have be placed, request stickers, donate to the cause, and submit pictures of your "feminism is for lovers" stickers.
They have fantastic DIY videos on youtube which I suggest checking out if you want to set up your own "feminism is for lovers" HQ.

I, for one, would love to take a page from their book and start something like this. I really respect their work and dedication. Keep up the amazing work, fellow feminists!

P.S. That is a picture I found from their blog... I promise I will post a picture of my sticker once I get it (which I hope will be soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment