Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"you cant get an address without an address or a job witout a job"




I recently re-watched "Wendy and Lucy." I love this film! When someone told me it was a piece of minimalist cinema i had my doubts. But the dark melancholy completely captivated me.I think the film’s neutral, nonexpository style encourages this, allowing the more conventional-minded among us to wonder if driving to Alaska is really the best idea, or to question the wisdom of other aspects of Wendy’s plan. Disapproving of Wendy’s choices is one route to caring about her, which in turn leads to some difficult, uncomfortable questions. What would any of us do in her situation? What would we do if we met someone like her? How can we be sure we haven’t?

This is my favorite review:

“Wendy and Lucy” is rated R (Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian). It has some swearing, a little drug use and a brief implication of violence, but no nudity, sex or murder. The rating seems to reflect, above all, an impulse to protect children from learning that people are lonely and that life can be hard. - AO Scott, New York Times


if you haven't already seen it, you can stream the entire movie here ---->

No comments:

Post a Comment