Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary Pussy Pirates!



I cant believe we started this blog a year ago. wowza! Time flies when you're a kitten!
It all started as a school project for our Women and Gender studies pop culture class. Our goal was to discuss and interrupt the crisis of representations for queers and their bodies and sexualities. we did street art, we made stickers, and we created this blog. We also got an A!
Now I'm trying to create an alternative pop culture site for Toronto Queers, feminists and activists. I have no idea if any you read this, but I know that sharing all these interesting things, and trying to create a narrative that speaks to the art,love,music,oppression, activism happening right now really excites me... almost as much as the little girl narrating "kittens inspired by kittens"!


No comments:

Post a Comment