Saturday, July 25, 2009

Maylee - Tunog Ng Taginit (Summer Sounds) - MUSIC VIDEO

This lady rocks my world!
we were roomates for a long time, and she introduced me to the lovely sounds of a kalimba, and turned my regina spektor cd into sweet lullaby's at night. She is a huge creative inspiration for me!
in our attempt to reclaim the word riot grrrl i would love to propose the amaZINGness that is maylee - or maynardo for short.
she's not only plays various instruments, writes awesome songs, but she throws a sweet charity party a few times a year called sweatshop hop - where people dress up in their 80s aerobics gear and work it! ohh and shes's been making these awesome and surreal stop motion videos with homemade pegwees (adorable stuffed creations made by maynards herself ) this is my idea of riot grrrl, she not only uses a DiY aesthetic in her pegwees but also cultivates a real community hedged between music, art and crazy/beautiful shizz!

MAYNARDO!

No comments:

Post a Comment